Bmw X5 (E53) 3.0D Exhaust Group Buy

Tobyjoy

Hi,

I am new to the club but have owned my BMW X5 (E53) 3.0 Diesel for almost 2 years now, i have heard that you can get better MPG and power gains from the car by fitting an exhaust and an induction filter, and from checking around on the web the only downside is a bit more of a sportier noise (and the Price!) Now mine is a school bus so the sound level has to be not much more than standard otherwise my wife wont drive it ! (This bit was the maker or breaker for me ?) i have found a few options for the exhausts.... induction kits.... Not so many....?

The exhausts seem to be priced on the high side of things, compared to other manufacturers exhausts anyway ? and im sure the BMW badge has something to do with it ?? but in fairness... the X5 does seems to have the equivalent of 2 exhaust systems (One for each side)

After scouting for my options the most sensible and cost effective options seems to be Cobra Sport @ 595 or Blueflame @ 755 ? others like Supersprint, Remus want just under 1000 pounds ! LOL ! (And they all look the same?)

You can view and even hear these exhausts on -

http://www.blueflameperformance.com/cars_english/blueflame-car-exhausts-1/bmw/bmw-x5-3-0i-01.html

http://www.cobrasport.com/exhaust/BMW/X5/10/0/0

I have to say they do look great as the tailpipes come through the bumber.

After picking myself back up off the floor i decided to contact the cobra company to see if i could get the price down any more (I have run a few group buys before for other things and normally it can make a difference?) as long as we could get more buyers on side.

hence my post -

I talked to a nice guy there called Pete who said we could get the exhaust for 450 pounds if we buy 5 exhausts at once.... ( 150 pounds saving !! )

Now obviously i will be 1 of those. The rest is down to you....

Please let me know if there is any interest in this ? or if there is any better buys out there ?

Thanks

Toby

Hi mate and welcome to the club

The look of the pipes coming through the bumper is what sold it for me I have 4.6is carbon which is petrol

Not a fan of any diesel car to TBH unless it's driving me home after night on the lash

In box me your car details and I have a word with a couple of my contacts I have been known to get the odd bargain

Regards Chris

Ps good to see the X5 numbers growing in here

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links