S/steel Decat Exhaust Time !!

Hi guys.....as the title says.....its time to change my exhaust as Ive decided that a BBTB and M50 inlet manifold conversion can wait (im liking my mpg too much at the mo ;) )!! Im after a s/steel decat system for my 1998 e36 323ci but Im unsure what to get and from where so any help from you guys (with an explanation/prices/links) would be greatly appreciated :) :) :) Over to you...........

p.s. Im based in Bedfordshire so somewhere close to that location would be ideal

Im thinking possibly this one..... !! CLICK HERE !! any opinions on it ?? :)

I dont intend on having a 'loud as #####' sounding exhaust,just a nicer sounding/looking one. And I dont have to worry about having to 'mess about with it' when it comes to MOT time ;)

surely if its a de cat you'll have to put a cat on for the mot?? i think big bucket looking exhausts can look a bit kevvy though,more suited to 17 year olds with saxo's,corsas or puntos so be careful.i remember seeing a saxo once that had what can only be described as an ice cream tub sticking out of his bumper.me and my mate pulled up by it to take photographs whilst !Removed! ourselves laffing.the little chav wasnt impressed.funny as fook.

i'm all up for mods,just tasteful mods.to me if a car looks standardish and you have a drag race from the lights and it kills you hands down then i think wow.if i pull up next to a neon light,racing stripe,bucket exhaust,too big alloys,dump valve,massive spoilered idiot in a punto with his stereo fartin all over the place then 2 words come to mind.haha.go for it mate just be careful it aint gonna look silly.if your over 24 i wouldnt bother either

Guest Mister Dabsy

not that I need to worry,but surely they could fail it on emissions tho ??

Not necessarily, the German emission controls are more harsher than ours! Mine is de-cat and the Llambda was high so he revved it for a short while and all the results came tumbling down, well enough to satisfy regs...

my last car was de-catted and a spirited drive to the MOT station would see it through the emmissions test ok, tho I always got a warning on its noise level! If its considered excessively loud for the type of car they can fail it. So I was told by my Mr MOT man

mate get the decat straight thru to a nice 3" tailpipe and backbox, but leave the baffles in the backbox and u should have a lovely noise mate, if u take the cat out cut it off your old exhaust and trim, weld on exhaust brackets at both ends ans same on new pipe (aart from cutting cat off just cut a slot out), stick a gasket in the middle of the brackets and kaboom ... bolt on bolt off cat 5 min job before mot's :D take it for a good run out before going to the garage tho!!... btw u will get a engine management light when u take cat out after about 20 miles.. i poo meself and didnt drive it until i got it into a garage and he just put a £5 sensor in and the light went off :)

hope this helps.

mate get the decat straight thru to a nice 3" tailpipe and backbox, but leave the baffles in the backbox and u should have a lovely noise mate, if u take the cat out cut it off your old exhaust and trim, weld on exhaust brackets at both ends ans same on new pipe (aart from cutting cat off just cut a slot out), stick a gasket in the middle of the brackets and kaboom ... bolt on bolt off cat 5 min job before mot's :D take it for a good run out before going to the garage tho!!... btw u will get a engine management light when u take cat out after about 20 miles.. i poo meself and didnt drive it until i got it into a garage and he just put a £5 sensor in and the light went off :)

hope this helps.

PLAN B)

Nah wont be cuttin the cat out,part of the reason im getting a decat system is cos the cat has failed in the original system,so its decat all the way for me ;)thanks anyway.

Still havent sussed out what one to get yet tho and the money is burning a hole ;)

Cheers for all the advice guys :)

Plan is.....forget the cat,decat all the way and no need to worry about the MOT man ;)

Still not sure what one to get tho,hmmmmm,choices choices :)

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links