E36 Convertible

Stephen

I own a 325 convertible E36 series. I am renovating it at the moment, two points really where can I get a replacement screen my local dealer has quoted me over £600 to fit a new one. Apparently the old one has to be removed and the new one bonded and zipped in place sounded a lot more than I thought at first. Secondly the lace that runs inside the headliner which adds tension to the side panels and trim around the rear windows needs rerouting. The fixing point which is plastic has broken fixing points for the lace and the lace is currently loose, attached a various points on the steel frame are rings which the laces passes through before attaching to the plastic panel. Can anyone tell me the route for this lace because at the moment the liner is loose at the sides when I attach the lace. I live in Great Yarmouth.

welcome to the forum

is there anything wrong with the windscreen currently on it?

only other ideas is go to a scrap yard and get the likes of auto glASS to fit it, usually costs around £70-£100 but phone and ask first

other idea is, if you have cover on your insurance accidently put your boot thru it, and claim thru your insurance. but i never said that, it just wrote it self :P

welcome to the forum

is there anything wrong with the windscreen currently on it?

only other ideas is go to a scrap yard and get the likes of auto glASS to fit it, usually costs around £70-£100 but phone and ask first

other idea is, if you have cover on your insurance accidently put your boot thru it, and claim thru your insurance. but i never said that, it just wrote it self :P

Sorry, I was refering to the rear window in the soft-top Thanks for your reply.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links