Fuel Pump Parts ID please

riber3

Hi everyone

I have just removed an E30 external fuel pump and I cannot id the attached parts (see photo) I think one is a regulator and the other is maybe a filter or accumulator? I checked the haynes manual and the on line parts page but I couldn't find a reference to them!! So any help would be welcome

P1090250.JPG

Afternoon Paul

Welcome to the Forum

Take a look at www.realoem.com it is an online parts list as used by BMW Dealers 

Either search manually or put your Vin number into the search box. It will bring up your model then search the relevant sections the small exploded drawings will help identify the parts and you will have the Part Number for ordering a replacement. Also if you double click the part number you will see a list of alternates if available plus any other models they were used on

Good luck 

Dave

I used the RealOem site again using my vin and I still get the same result Part 14 listed as a an Absorber which doesn't sound right?

and Part 20 is listed as a hose? so any other suggestions would be welcome.

Here is the page n question

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=BA31-EUR-04-1986-E30-BMW-320i&diagId=16_0171

Morning Paul 

Have you tried looking at other sites like www.pelicanparts.com check their "Articles" section they have some great how too's with pictures I am assuming that you are trying to repair/replace a problematic fuel system here.

In 1986 I was in a Sierra Cosworth so not in Beeemers, got my first BMW in 2002 a 4.4 X5. That was swapped for another X5 a 4.6is in 2004  However I would get part numbers then google them for Cost/Supply information so replacement can be done. The absorber may be there to take pulses out of the fuel delivery (only guessing here) BMW put it there for a reason and gave it a name they understood even if we don't 😁

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply and recommendation. I think I have tried Pelican Parts but I will try again just to be sure. My external pump is knackered and I do have a new one but I don't want to fit it until I know what the other parts do in case they need replacing as well.  I think you are right about the Absorber  and it makes sense even if we don't understand their terminology.  In 1986 I had a V8 Rover Vitesse but loved the cossies too!!!

Just found the absorber its called a damper similar to a fuel pressure regulator

https://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/SuperCat/BE30/BMW_BE30_FULFUL_pg2_fuel-pressure-dampers.htm

BMW 3-Series E30 (1983-1991) - Fuel & Intake - Fuel System - Fuel Pressure Regulators

Haven't found the other part yet and its not in their listings

You will be our "Go To Man" to interpret BMW speak into English 🤣 I would be tempted to just source the lot hoses clips everything then you will know everything is right. Don't forget BMW have a Classic Section and are often helpful on prices for classics

My old Boss used to run V8 SD1's in the late 70's early 80's

Dave

• Like 1

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links