Hello guys need help. I have got a bmw 2009 series 1 125i convertible. I have had an issue with the cooling van and went to replace it. After the garage inspecting he found a leak in the coolant system and changed the whole system with the cooling fan. After installing the new fan it didn’t seem to work so he went to inspect the fuse box and found the AC power fuse shortage as seen in the picture below which now has been changed. The car was then turned on with several issues coming where the car is stuck on limp mode, engine keeps rattling where in idle the rpm goes to 1500 and down to 500. Eats through petrol very quickly. When put in drive, the car runs at 30 miles very roughly and max rpm of 3000. I have attached the fault codes that i have and also a video of how the engine is playing. Any advice would really helpp!

65d6a9dd-b33f-4a55-9c1f-ea4ebdd915ea.jpeg

a1550fa1-661f-4e6a-8f85-3849e7e98559.jpeg

e88ac22a-c40e-4d4c-bd78-adc8fb747f53.jpeg

0828443f-dcb9-45e4-8dfb-e3de350d0fc8.jpeg

Morning Mustapha

Welcome to the Forum

First place is to double check the work that has been done for you to get that many issues either something is not connected or something is wrongly connected would be my guess

If someone has cross connected a sensor fingers crossed it hasn't caused damage to the DME 

Most of your faults are MAF and Valvetronic sensor related so go back over the work very carefully making sure all sensor plugs are connected to the correct sensor and seated correctly

Check there are no loose wires or and shorts

Not sure what the garage did as changing the coolant system is straight forward Rad, Water pump, Thermostats, and hoses plus the fan. I would be talking to them about why you have so many issues

Dave

• Thanks 1

Hello dave,

thanks for the useful information. 

the work has been traced with no lose wiring or connected wrongly. 

the issue is still ongoing of the engine rattling  

we believe now that a shortage has happened as we found a burn in the air condition power fuse as seen in the picture. That has now been change with still the same issue. I have also changed the DME but again nothing has changed. So we are now tracing the wiring harness to see where to shortage might have happened. 

would really appreciate if someone faced the same issue or how to troubleshoot this issue properly as i am kinda lost here on where to start again. 

IMG_4426.png

IMG_4425.png

IMG_4424.png

7dec39e7-17be-48ef-adc8-08d4284e823c.jpeg

2869acb2-ecf5-4d40-b445-092ef9f79c31.jpeg

f27f3579-085f-4f2c-94ea-4bd52c91d4a8.jpeg

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links