Fuel issue

Ace34

I have a 520d had issue where would run out on 1/4 tank or around 87mls left I changed pump and sender and it’s still the same looked on secrecy menu says L 15.1 R00.0 S15 also throwing these codes on Carly 00931A 009319 any help would be great 

Hi Richard 

Have the codes been cleared after changing the fuel pump and sender ? If not that is where I would start also try disconnecting the Battery (Neg First) for around 30 mins. If the codes wont clear normally a sign that either sender is at fault or there is a wiring issue check the earths.

Dave

Morning Richard

When you say you cleared them did they stay cleared? Or are they back ? have you checked the left level sensor ? Have you checked www.realoem.com to see if you have 2 level sensors?

Dave

I have one on either side replaced both scanned for codes and they have cleared only codes I’ve got now are pdc and glow plug module which I know about just got to see if it will go lower than a 1/4 of a tank or brim it on pay day unsure how else to test if it’s working as there are no codes now while engine running 

I guess it is carry a Spare Gallon and let it drop below a 1/4 tank if the Gauge keeps reading below a 1.4 it should indicate the senders are working.

Assuming from your first post before gauge stopped reading at 1/4 and stayed there.

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links