Tire Pressure Warning problems.

RodG

Hi all.

I get a low tire pressure warning on my left front tire.

I pump it up to the specified pressure, do a reset and get ready to drive around for about 10 minutes.

But after about a minute the screen switches back to the "tire pressure low warning" display and tells me to drive slowly..

I try another reset but the same thing happens.

Do you reckon I need to replace the tire pressure sensor(s) ?

I might try a different garage with a different air pump. (here's hoping)

Not unusual to have one fail I brought a set of 4 from Amazon at the last Tyre change as two of mine were acting up worked straight out of the box no issues. Dealer wanted a body part to fix them 4 from Amazon £20 or so and as the tyres were being changed anyway an easy fix.

• Like 1

That sounds good !

Checked out youtube for info and an American gent was a bit negative about some non OEM tire valve/sensors.  Good to know that Amazon is an option.

I have doubts about my local garage's air pump.  Went out to a different garage today and there was a queue about 12 cars long for the pumps so I couldn't get near the air station. He must have been selling petrol for some low low price.  I go hunting further afield ;-)  

Hi Stu

The sensors on the E53 are a different system they work with the ABS reluctor rings to check rotation if one wheel varies in revolutions due to tyre being under inflated it triggers the warning.

The E70 communicates with a module by RF actually measuring Pressure in the tyre

You can swap front wheels but each time you do it will need to recalibrate with the system, also take care that the wheel/tyre combination are the same rolling radius as the rears or you could end up with transfer box issues

Dave

PS Don't know where you are in the UK but I have a set of 20" Type 87 wheels (Staggered set) with good tyres for the E53

Like most of the electronics and accessories on your car BMW don't make it they buy it in OEM sensors are I believe made by HUF and are not as expensive as they are when packed in a BMW Box 🤣

The biggest cost/pain is the tyre has to come off to change them that is why when one failed on my E70 I waited for Tyre change time then did all 4

Dave

• Like 1

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links