Is there a way to get the original window sticker?

Hello everyone! I'm reaching out for your advice as I dive into buying my first vehicle, the BMW. What aspects do you think are important for me to check in this model? Also, I'm planning to inspect the vehicle myself, so any specific components or tips I should keep in mind during the inspection would be really helpful. Your insights mean a lot to me!

Morning Henry

Welcome to the Forum

I guess by your request you are in the USA and referring to the Original Sales window sticker telling you what was fitted to the car at build time? You can use a BMW Vin De-coder website put the Vin number in and it will bring up the Factory Build Sheet also check the Service History

My routine when inspecting a second user car whether for me or family and friends is the same. Start with the bodywork checking for damage and/or signs of repair, Happy then on to the interior especially high wear items pedals gear change and steering wheel seats etc look for wear replacements can be expensive. Open the Bonnet/Hood make sure the engine is cold then back inside and start the engine (it should start easily and run smoothly) check every accessory fitted works as it should again there are few cheap fixes so the "old never use that so it didn't bother me" or "they are only a few £/$ on Ebay" excuses should either be negotiating tools or a walk away signal.

Then drive the car again make sure it is smooth and no creaks groans bangs or knocks from the suspension. Depending on your mechanical skills or Wallet they are negotiating points or walk away signals

Good Luck with the search

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links