Advice For Front and Rear camera for X1

Jitendra

Hi,

I am a newbie here. Bought my first ever car recently a BMW X1 xDrive 18d (approved used), I was hoping that given a big brand name it'll come with cameras, but it did not.

So here I am, looking to install a reverse parking camera, front and rear dash cam, but there are so many options I am getting confused.

My dealer quoted £650 for front and rear camera (supply and installation), but no reverse parking camera.

I contacted a independent garage, they quoted £390 for reverse camera (supply, installation at my place, coding etc included) and £140 for azdome 4k dash cam front and rear.

Now I am not sure if I should go with BMW dealer (peace of mind but very expensive), or go with independent garage (less expensive, good reviews about service but I am not sure about Dash cam quality due to mixed reviews).

I am not a very high mileage driver, when I bought car couple of months back, it was on 16300 miles and currently sitting at 16900 miles. 

Is it worth paying £650 to dealer or should I go with other option?

What are good front and rear dash cam options in £150 budget?

Hi Jitendra

The best rated front/rear dash cam currently is Thinkware about £200 and recommended by Camera website Viofo A119 V3 - RECOMMENDED. Buy now from Amazon (£99.59)  

There are always offerings by Nextbase who were one of the originals in the market

The price from your Independent seems really fair remember BMW do not make these they have them made badged and boxed so when you add the Dealers mark up and around £200 p/hour labour rate it isn't difficult to get to their price

Me I would DIY if that is beyond your skill set use the Independent 

Dave

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Greydog said:

Hi Jitendra

The best rated front/rear dash cam currently is Thinkware about £200 and recommended by Camera website Viofo A119 V3 - RECOMMENDED. Buy now from Amazon (£99.59)  

There are always offerings by Nextbase who were one of the originals in the market

The price from your Independent seems really fair remember BMW do not make these they have them made badged and boxed so when you add the Dealers mark up and around £200 p/hour labour rate it isn't difficult to get to their price

Me I would DIY if that is beyond your skill set use the Independent 

Dave

Thanks Dave!

DIY is beyond my skill so I have decided to go with independent garage supplying my own front and rear dashcam either thinkware or ACE 3.0

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links