new to bmw and the e60 530d

Mikee60530dpyatt

so I'm new here and now decided to move on from my French cars and move onto the German cars instead. 

my first BMW and first automatic, is a 2004 m57 engine 530d with just 54 thousand miles on the clock. 

she is booked in for a general check and full service this week. 

already I have noticed the idrive display screen going fuzzy and what's the best solution to resolve this issue I would also like to upgrade the idrive system to android play as well.

does anyone have any recommendations.

Mikee60530d.

Hi Mike

Just use Google or Ebay there are several conversions available that really are plug and play 

I have fitted 2 to 5 series cars like yours and a couple into X5 E70's Just the screen is changed it takes a couple of hours with tea and biscuit breaks 😁

Your car has the CCC I-drive system so should be around £300 but you will get Bluetooth, a Sat Nav that's easier to upgrade plus a heap of other Apps that (if your like me) you will never use. Plus it will retain all the CCC functions and let you switch between them.

I wouldn't hesitate

Dave

Many thanks greydog.

I will definitely look into this.

With it being plugin and play, I take it I won't need to anything with cars ecu or computer systems telling it I have change the I drive system.

Mine was also ment to have a bmw phone with it. But that is missing, are these easy to get hold of, as not essential but if it's ment to have it, I would like to have in my 530d.

Hi Mike

The android conversion is just the Screen so the CCC I-drive and it's functions are untouched, the new screen is an Android system in it's own right, in effect giving you two functioning systems all still controlled from the I-drive controller 😁 no programming no messing Win Win

As for the BMW in car phone in the armrest what type is it ? I may have an original BMW Motorola flip phone in the garage might take a bit of searching if that's what yours was you are welcome to it for the postage. Unless your close to West Sussex that is

Dave

Some things you may find useful (1) www.realoem.com it is an online BMW Parts List put the last 7 digits of your Vin into the search box it will bring up your model Then search the sections for what you need. Having the correct part number will help when buying spares also the small exploded drawings will help understand how and where stuff fits. (2) www.pelicanparts.com is an American site check their BMW DIY Articles some great "How To's" with pictures apart from the  steering wheel in the wrong place everything else is the same.

Finally if you want to be able to run diagnostics on your car BMW 1.4.0 is a great program that will give you Dealer Level access 

👍

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links