Coding out required

Gearjammer

Hi all e63 owner. I’m based in Hampshire and require some coding

i bought an aftermarket CarPlay box of tricks, but it’s now triggering the sos failure because the car is looking for oem Bluetooth. I assume I just need it coded out. The orange ! On the  MFD is bugging the life out me. Thanks.

Morning Mark 

Welcome to the Forum

I had read about Carplay plug in's giving issues but had never seen it until I was offered my current E70 3.0d very cheap the Guy who owned it had tried and tried to fix it spent more money than he wanted to. He took it to a BMW Dealer who sucked their teeth and told him he may have to replace the whole system !!! That did it he sold the car advertised for a silly low price, I brought it unplugged the carplay box reset the car then fitted an Erisin Android screen a £300 Ebay special 🤣

My plan was if it worked great, sell it for a profit (I still have my X5 E53 4'6is) in fact it looks far better than the OEM screen (more modern) it has a a huge amount of Apps built in including Carplay, Android Auto and much more better Sat Nav choice etc etc Plus it worked straight out of the box retains all the OEM functions as well as adding all the Android stuff all operated from the OEM controller.

I kept the car still driving it and the 4.6is is in store comes out on special occasions 

So have you tried disconnecting the battery for 15mins or so a Dealer reset trick, it will sometimes trigger warnings which will reset themselves. Have you removed the OEM Bluetooth unit? 

With luck there will be a member on here close to you who has software that can help if not I am in West Sussex

Dave

13 hours ago, Greydog said:

Morning Mark 

Welcome to the Forum

I had read about Carplay plug in's giving issues but had never seen it until I was offered my current E70 3.0d very cheap the Guy who owned it had tried and tried to fix it spent more money than he wanted to. He took it to a BMW Dealer who sucked their teeth and told him he may have to replace the whole system !!! That did it he sold the car advertised for a silly low price, I brought it unplugged the carplay box reset the car then fitted an Erisin Android screen a £300 Ebay special 🤣

My plan was if it worked great, sell it for a profit (I still have my X5 E53 4'6is) in fact it looks far better than the OEM screen (more modern) it has a a huge amount of Apps built in including Carplay, Android Auto and much more better Sat Nav choice etc etc Plus it worked straight out of the box retains all the OEM functions as well as adding all the Android stuff all operated from the OEM controller.

I kept the car still driving it and the 4.6is is in store comes out on special occasions 

So have you tried disconnecting the battery for 15mins or so a Dealer reset trick, it will sometimes trigger warnings which will reset themselves. Have you removed the OEM Bluetooth unit? 

With luck there will be a member on here close to you who has software that can help if not I am in West Sussex

Dave

Hi Dave, thanks for the detailed reply 👍🏼

Yeh I may do the dealer trick, nothing to lose I suppose. 

the box of tricks I’ve bought stole the Cd Changer plug to power the unit to integrate with CCC system, so I’m actually a little confused to why the factory phone has sh*t itself. My hands free calling comes through CarPlay now with an aftermarket sticky on mic.

part of me is wondering if I’ve missed something plugging it all back in, but pretty sure I haven’t.

the bmw bong of doom and orange ! On the mfd is bugging the life out of me.

if you’re a man who can code in/out I’d be happy to send a couple of quid your way. West Sussex isn’t that far really.

Mark

Morning Mark

If you have hands free through car play have you cleared the phones connection to the OEM bluetooth? First I would go back over the install just to be sure then try the Battery reset 

Happy to meet halfway sometime to see if I can help if that doesn't do the trick

Dave

PS. When disconnecting the battery Neg first reconnecting Neg last

36 minutes ago, Greydog said:

Morning Mark

If you have hands free through car play have you cleared the phones connection to the OEM bluetooth? First I would go back over the install just to be sure then try the Battery reset 

Happy to meet halfway sometime to see if I can help if that doesn't do the trick

Dave

PS. When disconnecting the battery Neg first reconnecting Neg last

Morning, I think I may have but I’ll double check later 👍🏼

I’ll try the battery over the weekend.

I do think it’s the ccc searching for factory Bluetooth that’s causing it, who knows.

once I’ve checked all that lot, I may take you up on your offer, pease pottage services work?

Mark

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links