New E88 125i Cabrio owner

Malcolm66

Hi, new member here. Just picked up my 2011 3.0 E88 and generally very happy. I've just been to a good local garage to book an appointment to get it checked over. Appointment made but the mechanics had a quick look over is and said my front tyres are a different size from the rear. I'm in France and haven't got enough language to delve further into this issue so I'm asking here is this normal? Do E88 have different tyres front and rear? I've just completed a 6 hour motorway drive at close to 90mph (legal here) with no issues.

Hi Malcolm

Welcome to the Forum

I believe if your tyres are on 17" rims they should be 205x50x17 Front and Rear some were fitted with 225x45x17 all round depending on Tyre supplier.  If they are 18" rims they will 7 1/2J Front Front and 8 1/2J Rear  so Tyre size would be 215x40x18 Front 245x35x18 Rear 

Hope this helps 

Dave

Morning

So your mechanic was almost right 😅

Tyre sizes are critical when the car is 4x4 as then incorrect sizes will put strain on the transfer case (expensive) but as yours is rear drive as long as the tyres are in reasonable condition and all four wearing evenly then change to the correct sizes when wear dictates. Unless you are fussy about these things of course

Enjoy

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links