Newbie. M5 f10 2013

Lewis1

New to this, so hi all. Got mine a few weeks ago, loving it so far - apart from the battery discharging when stationary light. Had everything checked and no one knows why. Voltage etc are all correct. Now it’s just every now and again. 

Morning Lewis

Welcome to the Forum

Terrific car enjoy it (hide your licence though) 

Has the battery been checked, not just charge but age. With my E53 4.6is I had some random faults over a few months then overnight one night completely dead, the battery was the original !! 13 years old when I checked its date stamp 02/03 a month older than the car. if there are any extra's plugged in somewhere Dash Cam, Chargers, Rear Entertainment system. Un-plug everything and make sure the car shuts down (takes around 15 mins for the light on the gear selector to go out) If the drain continues tracing it is a cae of patience and pulling fuses to find the offender. Oh if you aren't aware only ever charge or jump the car from the under bonnet points.

Enjoy your new car

Dave

A bit of a pain Lewis but pulling fuses one by one will find it, the pain is you need the car asleep each time a fuse is pulled then check current draw. With one of the AMG's I owned the Voltage Regulator was at fault so worth getting that checked, with the AMG output from the alternator was fine but internally a diode had failed allowing current to bleed back.

BMW are fond of earth switching so also worth checking the earth points for continuity. If there are no after market toys plugged in dash cam chargers etc then its a one at a time task

Good Luck finding it

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links