Problem with engine management light

New member please help

I have a 335i 57 plate, back in January I had an issue with a misfire, had all coil packs and plugs changed and it cured the problem, a couple of weeks ago while I was stopped in traffic my half shaded engine management light came on. I switched off and restarted and it cleared, this happened a few times so had it checked out, it came up as vanos fault. I had the solenoids changed and now the car rus so good. Until I stopped at lights yesterday and the eml came back on. Has anyone experienced this problem and may have any suggestions please?

Afternoon Neville

Welcome to the Forum

How many miles has the car covered ? The EML can be triggered by several things but here's my guess. You have changed Plugs & Coil packs, Vanos solenoids My bet would be O2 sensors they do have a life of 100k to 150k dependent on fuel and usage.

To be sure you need some diagnostics done as just changing stuff is an expensive way of trying to fix things.

Dave

Thanks Dave

My car has done 76k, I had it put on the computer at a friend's who has a bmw dinostics,  it read vanos fault, he told me firstly to change solenoids,  when the light came on again he checked on his dinostics and it showed no fault.

Morning Neville 

Get your friend to test the O2 sensors and also the Vanos operation, plus back track over the work you have done in case a connector is not seated 

If the EML is on there will be a reason

Dave

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links