I found a fairly used 2012 BMW 328i for sale

Hello everyone,

I am currently in the market for a used car and have come across a 2012 BMW 328i  that I am considering purchasing. The car has a salvage title and is priced at $12,000.

I would like to get some advice from the forum members on whether or not this is a good buy. The car and seems to be in good condition from the pictures I have seen. However, I am a bit concerned about the salvage title.

I understand that a salvage title means that the car has been in an accident or suffered some sort of damage that resulted in the insurance company deeming it a total loss. While the car may have been repaired, there could still be underlying issues that I am not aware of.

So, I would like to ask for your thoughts and opinions on whether or not it is worth purchasing a car with a salvage title. Is there anything I should be looking out for in particular when inspecting the car? Would it be better to spend a bit more money on a car with a clean title?

I appreciate any advice and insight you can provide. Thank you in advance for your help.

00S0S_aMOWrE5frdi_0gw09i_1200x900.jpg

00B0B_bjhqfzQXSZR_0gw0co_1200x900.jpg

Morning Mago

Looks tidy, however there are a number of questions

1. Why was it in Salvage ? (Crash Damage? Mechanical Damage? Stolen/Recovered)

2. What if anything has been replaced/repaired (is there any photographic evidence)(Chassis damage I would shy away)

3. Where genuine parts used

Last but most important what saving in cost over normal retail price

Remember if buying cheap you may have to put a little extra aside to cover repairs and if you can do that it may be sensible to buy something better 

For what it's worth one of my sons brought a Toyota Pick Up Truck from salvage at about 2/3rd of retail/Dealer cost, it was stolen recovered with no damage other than the ignition barrel and trim. We changed all locks as a precaution, 5 years later it's still his faithful work truck.

Hope this helps

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links