Rear wiper noise help

Swingy_p

Evening,

Have just changed the rear wiper blade and now am getting a god awful clicking noise coming from the arm and it doesn't sweep as much of the screen as it did before, what the hell have I done!! 

(Hope the very poor video clip helps)

Regards Paul 

Can you do a video showing the whole rear window looking from the back of the car. I would guess that the new wiper is the same size as the old one ? 
can you put the wiper back on the window and see if it clears the spoiler near the brake light. I’m guessing the wiper arm has moved on its mount and now hits too far left, which would cause a bang and not sweep as far to the right. 

7 hours ago, X5smw said:

Can you do a video showing the whole rear window looking from the back of the car. I would guess that the new wiper is the same size as the old one ? 
can you put the wiper back on the window and see if it clears the spoiler near the brake light. I’m guessing the wiper arm has moved on its mount and now hits too far left, which would cause a bang and not sweep as far to the right. 

Morning,

It's not the wiper arm hitting anything as it even makes the noise when the arm is pulled back off the screen.

Will do a better vid later once on my break and hopefully someone can telle what I've done 😞 

As you can see, it's got nothing to do with the blade coming into contact with anything nor does it do the full sweep of the screen anymore so I've no idea what's happened as just pulled the arm up and swapped out the wiper blade at the weekend 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, Greydog said:

My first thought is, Is it seated on the splines properly ? Plus is it the correct wiper for the car 

Dave

Hi again Dave, 

Up until yesterday (before I replaced the wiper blade) the rear wiper has been working absolutely fine and doing a full sweep from bottom left to bottom right and then back to bottom left nice and smoothly then as soon as I e changed the blade it started making this noise even if the old (worn out) blade was put back in so I've no idea what's happened as the wiper arm is regularly lifted when washing so I've really no idea what I've done 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Paul 

Can you move the wiper arm by hand ? That should tell you if the splines are loose or worn. A squirt of WD40 around the spindle perhaps to see if that works?

Dave