Purchase advise

craigc3700

Hi all. I am considering purchasing a 2016 320d with 102,000 miles on the clock. Are there any specific issues I need to look out for and would you consider a car with this mileage with a full service history a liability? Any advice most welcome please.

many thanks, Craig.

Hi Craig

Welcome to the Forum

If you don't know about the oily bits either get a Mechanic to inspect it with you or an AA/RAC inspection 

Buying from a Dealer will give more protection though don't dismiss Private sales. History with proof of work carried out is paramount everything should work as it should. There are no cheap fixes don't fall for the " Never bothered me that it didn't work and they are only £xx on Ebay" Ask yourself if it was that easy why leave it?

Ride should be good no rattles clunks or bangs, Engine should have no rattles or knocks and gear changes smooth

Good Luck

Dave

Morning Craig

As you are aware a motorway warrior can rack up massive mileages without stressing an engine (the driver but not the engine) If you either find some one local who has a BMW capable diagnostic system or buy one for yourself they are no different to any other car.

www.realoem.com I find invaluable for parts information and the small exploded drawings show where stuff fits

Hope it works out

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links