X1 2023 (U11) delivery dates

Chosenblue

Waiting on delivery of a new X1 MSport, was scheduled for build in week 48/22 and delivery week 51/22. Apparently it’s been in post production since November with no indication of when it will leave Germany?

Does anyone have an inside line on delivery delays or if there is any known issues causing delays.

BMW genius says all they can advise is “post production” with nothing coming from dealership.

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Greydog said:

Sorry Eric maybe harass BMW UK see if they can shed any light

Dave

Thanks Dave, yes tried BMW UK on the chat line, all they could say was "Post production" and "still showing as delivery week 52 of 2022 so obviously late"

They weren't very helpful tbh.

Thanks 

• 7 months later...

Hi Eric,

I ordered my BMW X1 U11 23I MSport back in Jan 23 with an estimated delivery of Sep 23. I am just wondering has your car been delivered and did you have any issues in terms of them saying BMW have removed the MSport pack then having to make adjustments to then be called in and the packs are now included again however

I am being requested to sign a new contract for exactly the same car that has another 6 month on the estimated delivery date stating that none are being produced.

I hope you can help shed any light on the above.

Kind regards

Liam

1 hour ago, Liam Bond said:

Hi Eric,

I ordered my BMW X1 U11 23I MSport back in Jan 23 with an estimated delivery of Sep 23. I am just wondering has your car been delivered and did you have any issues in terms of them saying BMW have removed the MSport pack then having to make adjustments to then be called in and the packs are now included again however

I am being requested to sign a new contract for exactly the same car that has another 6 month on the estimated delivery date stating that none are being produced.

I hope you can help shed any light on the above.

Kind regards

Liam

Liam

That sounds absolutely bizarre and expect makes you wonder if it was ever properly ordered in 1st place or if the new delivery time is likely to be accurate.

My x1 arrived late Feb, picked up in March and thankfully had no issues like that. That said I've not seen many on the road tbh.

That said I did have another issue where bnw said the car would show as Petrol on the V5C but it arrived saying Electric vehicle- alternative fuel. 

Trying to explain this to bnw was like explaining quantum.physics to a Gibraltar monkey.

Fortunately I had a very good dealer who understood the issue. No issue with salesman or dealer. Lack of confidence in bmw so hopefully your end experience improves.

X1 now gone. Waiting on a different make n model !!