Putting the Interior Back together

Hi, In late march 2022 after torrential rain here my car leaked somewhere and the rear seats got mouldy, the space behind the seat had about 1-2 inchs of water of my 2007 BMW 335i 2 Door Coupe, all of it rain water none from flooding. I drained it dried it out and then advised to pull the carpets out. sure enough there was a well of water under there too. In order to check and dry the whole vehicle EVERYTHING was stripped out.

The reason for this post is I have had multiple strokes between April and mid July this year and want to get my car back together. I am recovering well but not in a fit enough state to do this myself I am not sure who i would contact or quotes to carry out the work. its basically putting back the underlays, the carpets, the fixtures centre consul etc and the seats including hooking everything back up. 

Its obviously not a mechanics job, nor an auto electrician. I wasnt sure about a detailer but was leaning towards an upholsterer but they do upholstering and this isnt really an upholsters job i would have thought so i am looking for some advice and/or direction.

thanks 

Morning Gary

I hope the recovery continues well, when putting it back first make sure you have spare clips, plastic blind rivets and screws. Being held up because a few have been lost or broken is a pain (been there), as far as the work talk to a detailer or mobile mechanic their hourly rates should be more competitive. Having changed an interior for one of our sons I would expect between 10 and 15 hrs labour

Good Luck and get well

Dave

hello Dave

Thanks for your well wishes and your advice, i took photos and put stuff like plastic screws etc into sandwish bags and labeled them, So, cross my fingers it all goes to plan...we all know it never does lol. And thank you for steering me in the right direction re getting someone to put it all back for me

all the best

Gary 

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links