Air con manifold pressures

pdhart

Hi, I have an issue with the A/C on my 2012 E70.  Left side is blowing cold, right side is warmer but still a bit cold. I've seen a few videos about low A/C refrigerant causing that, as it prioritises the driver side (left in most of the world). I have a set of manifold gauges, but not totally sure what the low and high pressures should be on the X5. I'm guessing around 45 to 50 on low and around 150 on the high. Can anyone confirm 100% what is the correct pressure?

thanks Paul.

Morning Paul

Your problem may not be AC related but climate control related 

First get the heater water valves checked if they are sticking then that could well be the issue I have changed water valves on an E53 and E71 for this problem. Hose clamps on the hoses unplug the valve disconnect the hoses stick a towel underneath to catch the spill. Fit the new valve re-connect and top up the header tank.

If it were me I would also book an AirCon service systems loose a small percentage each year KwikFit have some deals on at the moment and as it is carried out by an automated machine that Vacs out the system holds the Vacuum as a leak check and refills with the correct type and quantities of lubricant and refrigerant. 

And to answer your original question anything around or below 30psi on the low pressure side after about 15 to 20 mins running will give poor cooling it should around 45 to 50psi 

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links