X5 brake upgrade

Chris3621

Hi I have a e70 x5 2012 model with front 332mm brake discs I’ve purchased some 348mm by mistake and obviously they don’t fit my question is it just the brake calliper bracket that’s different to make these bigger discs fit ? Or as anyone done this on there vehicle.thanks 

Morning Chris

Welcome to the Forum

I would think Disc's Caliper brackets and possibly the backplate may need changing as a minimum but you also may need bigger wheels to get clearance for the caliper

Check www.realoem.com search the different models in your year to see what was fitted and the part numbers

Hope this helps

Dave

Hi Dave thanks for your reply I have the clearance that’s not an issue problem now I’d have is finding the correct calliper bracket other then mine would be handy to know which year X5 these bigger discs are fitted it’s the early models I know this much.

That is simple just check www.realoem.com just put the last 7 digits of your Vin number into the search box it will bring up your model that will give you all the standard stuff then check the performance models like the 4.0d, M series cars. When you look at the brakes section it will show a small exploded drawing with all parts numbered so when you have the disc size it should give a part number for the caliper bracket bolts and maybe the caliper if it is different.

Just had a quick look it seems your discs are for the 4.0d and only the caliper brackets are different

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links