Yellow brake and 4x4 indicator lights

Emnite

2008 x3 

It started with yellow brake light and the 4x4 DTC indicator lights, the service engine light joined the party today. The car is throwing 16 codes everything from water pump to transfer case sensor. Has this happened to anyone else? Please help. 

Morning Teresa

Welcome to the Forum

If it's throwing so many codes my first thought is Battery dying particularly if investigation shows the sensor faults to be spurious. Make sure the battery is fully charged minimum 12.8v engine off measured at the charging points under the Bonnet 14.4 +v measured at the same place engine running. Clear all faults then rescan see what comes back. If you have been scanning with the engine off that won't help as it will be draining the battery.

Any returning codes can then be investigated

Check the battery date code, the battery on my X5 died suddenly, when I checked the battery code after change it was manufactured in Dec 2002 so OEM and 18 when it died 😲

Hope this helps

Dave

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 8/6/2022 at 2:12 PM, john-freda said:

Hi Teresa, Did you get to the bottom of this? my 2008 x3 is showing exactly the same lights??

Yes, it was valvetronic relay to start. Then thermostat and water pump. It’s running great 🙂

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links