Entertainment System crashing

martin1967ad

Hi , any thoughts please - my 3 series tourer's entertainment system keeps crashing , no pattern but its really annoying and appears random , system defaults back to the start of what you were playing , tried the software update option but this does not seem enabled , BMW web says there is a software update due  ,  thanks in anticipation

Hi Martin

Welcome to the Forum

When you say defaults to the start of what you were playing are you streaming Music through your phone using something like Sptify or CarPlay ? Or are you getting issues with CD or Downloaded Music on a memory stick?

Dave

59 minutes ago, Greydog said:

Hi Martin

Welcome to the Forum

When you say defaults to the start of what you were playing are you streaming music through your phone using something like Sptify or CarPlay ? Or are you getting issues with CD or Downloaded music on a memory stick?

Dave

Hi Dave 

No purely radio, cd or sat nav built in to the system it happens in any format, when it crashes it returns to the channel or track live when i turned it on ?

Morning Martin

That sounds like a loose connection or faulty loom particularly if it is random. Lots of searching with a multi meter I am afraid? Fingers crossed it is just a loose connector or something similar

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links