Clutch installation help, clutch hard at the bottom.

Kent

Hi all, any help would be much appreciated, feel stupid asking a question about this but I’ve recently installed a solid mass flywheel conversion to my bmw 320d e92 2010, including new flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, pilot bearing, throw out bearing and after installation my clutch pedal is absolutely solid about 3 quarters way down and won’t even go down far enough for the car to start up… was that hard it popped my slave cylinder which now I’ve replaced with a sach slave cylinder but the pedal still hard at the bottom. Cannot see where or if I’ve gone wrong somewhere ? Took my time, torqued everything to spec, clutch alignment went perfect ect, any one the could shed some light I would appreciate it, thanks it advance.

91DCF3CB-A1B4-4DED-B7AD-8AC9841DCAD1.jpeg

8F005EE9-3E72-4161-889F-770B4E64236E.jpeg

Morning Kent

Welcome to the Forum

Sounds as though something is is wrong, did you buy the parts as a Kit for your car or buy individual parts?

When you press the pedal does the clutch attempt to work? Is the release arm moving at all? 

The only way unfortunately is to back track through everything you have done (not what you want to hear) but if something is not fitted correctly or is not correct for your model ? So box out again by the sound of it

Check out www.pelicanparts.com they have some great "how to's" with pictures that may help. It is an American site so steering wheel on the wrong side but all the rest is the same.

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links