NOTIFICATIONS!

Russell106

Good Morning,

I wonder if anyone can help?

I have owned my 7 series 740 Ld xDrive for a couple of years with no issues until now.  I have a coupe of issues:

I received an e-mail telling me that my ConnectedDrive has expired and I need to renew it but when I check the car, all is working fine.  However, should I expect things to go wrong anytime soon?

I have also get a notification on my screen telling me "Emergency call system not available".  This message Hans round for some time and eventually disappears.  I popped into me local BMW dealer (Fairfield in Leigh-on-Sea in Essex) who informed me that they will do a diagnostic check, it could possibly be a battery replacement and the cost could be upwards of £400.00!

Now I can live with this message but does anyone know a short cut to get rid of it?  The BC on my indicator stick does not do anything whilst this menage is displayed.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Russell106

Morning Russell

Welcome to the Forum

Very tasty car 

I believe the message "Emergency call system not available" is part of the "connected drive package"  in the event of an accident it automatically calls emergency services.

Connected Drive is a "service" your car is fitted with a sim card that is internet enabled new BMW's have a 3 year subscription. It is now nagging you to renew ? My Brother Inlaw has seen the massage on all his 5 series (he is on his 4th) the cost of a 12 month subscription varies between £60 and £260 ish depending on services paid for. If you don't want it you can turn it off, apart from the Emergency Call all other apps are either personal or for BMW's benefit so if you haven't been aware of it up till now obviously you won't miss it. 

As for your friendly BMW Dealer words fail me !! they know immediately what that message is and how to either tell you how to turn it off or do it for you as courtesy. Why would it need Diagnostics at a cost to you ???? Google turning off connected drive

Enjoy your Beemer

Dave