Diagnostic software for laptop to register battery?

Joha666

Hi,

Could someone recommend a software for laptop to register new battery please?

Carly became more expensive recently and most Android apps require additional subscriptions, etc. 

Many thanks,

Jo 

BMW120D E87

Morning Joha

Welcome to the Forum

There are a few out there that can do it now iCarsoft is one I am aware of but ISTA/INPA is BMW Dealer level diagnostic software it also contains TIS (technical repair information)

I have 2 BMW programs on an old laptop in my garage BMW 1.4.0 (great with iBus system cars) and ISTA/INPA for use with Kbus and above (your car) both allow Dealer Level access and diagnostic. 

Hope that is helpful

Dave

• 1 month later...

Hello, I have a 2013 one series convertible 118d 2.0 litre. I want to fit a new battery(not start/stop) and wanted to know if the new battery has to be registered on the electronics or I can just bolt in a new battery? I think the battery in place might be the original as it has BMW EXIDE TECHNOLOGY printed on it. Thanks for any advice

Morning Mike 

First make sure the battery is correct for your car (same as the old one) or check www.realoem.com put the last 7 digits of your Vin into the search box and it will bring up your model. The site is a BMW Parts List so you can check what was fitted OEM. Your battery needs registering to ensure correct charging everything should work OK but registering the battery makes sure

Any decent garage should have software to register your battery or if you want to DIY then Foxwell iCarsoft, Autologic are all capable just check their specs before buying or get a copy of INPA/ISTA and put it on an old laptop then you will have your own copy of BMW Dealer level diagnostics 

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links