Egr

Alex4580

Morning Alz

Welcome to the Forum

When you changed the EGR did you clean the manifold? and associated pipework, I have done this job a couple of times on one of our sons Toyota pickup the amount of soot is accumulated is amazing. 

Also have you had the fault codes read?

Dave

17 hours ago, Greydog said:

Morning Alz

Welcome to the Forum

When you changed the EGR did you clean the manifold? and associated pipework, I have done this job a couple of times on one of our sons Toyota pickup the amount of soot is accumulated is amazing. 

Also have you had the fault codes read?

Dave

Hi.  The garage we bought the car from changed the egr valve but I get where your coming from, I'll have a chat with my mechanic.   Fault code is always egr related?. Thank you for your suggestion its appreciated. 

Morning Alz

Remember fault codes can often show the "symptom not the cause" one of our sons friends had a persistent O2 sensor fault they were changed twice by his garage. A Saturday morning on our drive and we found 3 perished vacuum hoses once they were replaced no more O2 sensor fault.

So back to my original post, a build up of sooty deposits in the manifold and associated pipework can trigger the fault. On our sons Toyota truck it was a messy job needing the manifold to be removed but once done the result was like new.

Dave

14 hours ago, Greydog said:

Morning Alz

Remember fault codes can often show the "symptom not the cause" one of our sons friends had a persistent O2 sensor fault they were changed twice by his garage. A Saturday morning on our drive and we found 3 perished vacuum hoses once they were replaced no more O2 sensor fault.

So back to my original post, a build up of sooty deposits in the manifold and associated pipework can trigger the fault. On our sons Toyota truck it was a messy job needing the manifold to be removed but once done the result was like new.

Dave

Thanks Dave, we will definitely look into this 👍