E46 trunk lid open signal

opinena

Hi,

the E46 325i sedan's trunk lid open light came on, I replaced the lock, checked the wiring harness in the transition rubber shield, but the problem still persists, can it be due to a faulty fuse? I don't know if it's related to that, but since the light on the open suitcase is on, the turn signals don't flash when the lights are locked.

I am sorry for my bad English

thank you for the info

Morning Noname

Welcome to the Forum

You say you have changed the Lock and checked the wiring at the hinge/transition point, but did you test for continuity or just visually check the wiring?

Can you lock/unlock using the Key Fob or do you need the key to operate the lock ? If the car thinks the boot lid is open the alarm can't arm (flash) 

Take of the boot lid trim and check the continuity of the 4 wires from the lock to the other side of the transition point. I am assuming the Fog Lights Number Plate lights etc all work normally My money is on the signal wire (Grey/White IIRC ) having a break 

A couple of sites that may help www.realoem.com a BMW Online Parts List put the last 7 digits of your Vin into the search box it will bring up yout model, If you buy parts make sure the part numbers are correct.

www.newtis.info A BMW Technical site Main Dealers use this for repair and replacement information use your Vin again.

Hope this is helpful

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links