F31 318D no service for 44k - Avoid?

WuT

Hi all 

I’m thinking of getting a 318D automatic secondhand, I’ve seen one where the only service record seems to be at 44k miles it’s now done 47K. If this is correct would this have done any long term engine damage? It comes with a 3 month warranty. I’ve seen the same model and colour etc in manual with a similar mileage but with a full service history. I really wanted an automatic, but with no service history is that too big a risk? 

plase can anyone give some words of wisdom on this dilemma? 
thanks

mark

Morning Mark

Life was simpler with fixed service points modern cars measure all sorts of parameters before a service light comes on, however not everyone gets the car serviced even to these schedules. BMW normally recommend 15k oil changes Tyre and Fluid checks full service is around 30k intervals. Extended service is based on synthetic oils durability but 44k is stretching a point. I still change oil and filter twice a year for me there is a perverse (my sons would say OCD) pleasure in seeing clean oil on the dip stick of the X5 even at 160k

There are lots of cars out there Mark buy with your head not your heart why put your hard earned at risk

Dave

Hi Dave 

thanks for your quick response and the information. I think I’ll have to listen to my head, I think a test drive of a manual will probably sway me, given I mostly sit on motorways and wouldn’t benefit all that much with an automatic. 

Best

mark

Hi Mark

44K with no previous record of a service ? I don't think so. Totally agree with Dave on this.

If motorway driving is a large part of your driving habits, then you should get slightly better fuel consumption from a manual.

Hope it goes well for you.

John

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links