stereo and sat nav

delboycbr954

Morning Mark

Welcome to the Forum

The OEM BMW system is made up from several component parts most of which are in the boot under the floor and in the left side cubby hole. Replacing them with "new" parts from BMW is in my opinion uneconomic, you can find parts on Ebay and other auction sites if you want to remain OEM but even second hand parts are expensive. There are OEM looking alternatives on the market that offer many advantages, the BMW OEM Kit is OK for originality but it is "old" tech and misses a lot of modern connectivity.

When I had the 4.4 the nav went flaky then the bluetooth then the BM54 radio was playing up so I brought a Dynavin unit (check their website) it needs a 5m extension to run from the big Quadloc in the boot all brought from Dynavin I added antenna extensions for the GPS and radio Running the 5m loom from the boot to the front is fiddly not difficult once in it is plug and play plus I recovered 80% of the cost by selling the OEM kit online (that was 9 years ago). There are now models with Apple car play and all sorts of other stuff plus a bluetooth that works and easily updated nav systems. Initially replacement lost the OBC function but now there are many makers Dynavin and Android who boast retaining all OBC functions from what I read while preserving the OEM look. That is important to me, if bits start to fail I personally would go Dynavin again and sell the OEM kit on ebay again.

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links