E92 seatbelt arm stopped as damage prevention?

Hi,

I've taken my E92 back to a garage and they have attempted to fix the seatbelt arm, with their 'fix' the arm would catch the seatbelt but not retract fully and then go in and out a couple of times before stopping, this morning both of the extenders are fully unresponsive, does anyone know if this is something the car will do to prevent motor damage as it wouldn't retract properly?

Thanks

Alex

Morning Alex Welcome to the Forum

Reading your title you say your car is 2019, how ever E92 I thought stopped manufacture in 2013? When you say you took it back to a Garage is this a garage you just purchased from? If the car is 2019 reg then it is under Warranty and should go to a BMW Dealer, Even if it is recently purchased 2013 reg the selling garage should repair FOC as the seat belts and operating system are safety items.

If someone has pulled the arm out it may be the system needs resetting if the garage are just car sales they may not have the knowledge/skill or tools to do the job.

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links