sat nav update x5 2011

shane1311

anyone around South Yorkshire apart from the main steeler who can put me an up to date or newer than 2011 sat nav on my x5 

I saw a post somewhere on here something about needing some code hidden somewhere and then lost the plot 

so any recommendations of someone who can assist 

thanks Shane 

sorry if this is in the wrong forum please move it 

Hi Shane and Welcome to the Forum

First remember that even a Nav Disc or Software with a 2019 release date is about a year out of date at least due to checking, validating and production. You may be disappointed that there is no difference (noticeable anyway) between the copy you have and the new one.

That said I am assuming that as your car is 2011 you need the update and FSC code? I have no experience of this ( my old beast has a DVD based system) other than my brother inlaw has a 535 of similar vintage to yours. He brought an upgrade from www.satnavupgrades.co.uk he did the upgrade himself and it took him about 30 mins, he was more interested in the update for the European information as he works in Holland.

I have no other experience of the company but he is pleased and has had no issues worth talking to them I would think.

Good Luck

Dave

yes its a 2011 and my nav is on the onboard hard drive not disc based 

it was the getting hold of the code to be able to do it the was the problem 

plenty of updates for the nav on eBay but without the code which you have to have its impossible 

thanks for the reply much appreciated

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links