Remote Locking

marleymilo

Hi all, sorry if this exists already, but my remote central locking only works if i'm stood at the very rear of my car, anywhere else around the car and no joy, have heard of the 'aerial diversity amp' could this need replacing? or could it be something else?

Morning Ian

Could be soft battery in the key which should recharge when in the ignition, the diversity antenna is a known issue but mainly on 5 series could be worth investigating though.

Check www.realoem.com to get the right part number for your car.

Dave

good evening if it is the battery in the key it does require the key being cut open and the battery being un-soldered and a new one re-soldered as I've done mine this afternoon, but my keyfob wasn't working at all.

simon

Morning Ian

If you have replaced the battery then the key will need deprogramming to the car, there are lots of "how too's" just google it and read up. If that fails it could mean a new key from BMW.

Good Luck 

Dave

The key may be charged Ian but if you have changed the battery in the key fob (following your post above) the car will think it is a new key, so it will need reprogramming to the car.

The sequence is shown in several You tube video's worth a try first as it's free a new key will be around £110 or so (mine was 4 years ago).

Good Luck

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links