Compressor Fuse?

allante666

2005 E53 X5 4.8is.  Ive seen this topic covered here but damned if I can find it now! Anyone tell me which fuse to pull to disable the air compressor while I change a front air spring? I know theres a lot of mention about the two in the rear fusebox, 79 and 87 is it? but these are only used if you have rear only air suspension apparently. The fuses themselves are in my fusebox but as I recall someone else pointing out, the sockets they are in arent actually wired up. I seem to think someone mentioned a different one for X5's with four wheel air suspension. TIA. Andy

Job done! I didnt bother disconnecting the battery, I figured as long as I didnt leave the key in or open the door the compressor wouldnt start up and it didnt. Pretty easy job really, even doing on my drive. Took about an hour and a half, including tea break! I did get an eml come on today but wondered if it may have been the battery as the car had been stood a few days waiting for the strut. Took it for a good blast and it seems to be ok now.

Well done Andy now may she will let you enjoy driving for awhile.

Very power sensitive are the X5's doesn't take them long to kill a battery if the engine isn't running then you get all sorts of weird lights and warnings popping up. 

I use a Ctek battery charger every couple of months just to make sure it's in tip top order dark nights and short journeys can wreak havoc.

Dave

Hi Dave. Yeah I had it again last night, it flashed on and off s few times before staying on. I wondered if it was just as it was changing over onto gas and picked up a misfire? I’ve got a lead coming this week so hopefully it may have some codes stored. The other reason I suspected battery is because the nav display went really dark? I read a few cases where this was possibly low battery as well. When we blasted it round the bypass though it gradually brightened up. As you say though dark nights and short journeys hit the battery hard. I recall when I had my 740 that I read how long it actually took to shut all its systems down once you left it. Ages! 

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links