New Member!

Bimmer Paul

Hello fellow BMW fans!

Just a customary introduction, from me (and my car of course).

Love BMW's, started on an E46 320i over 10 years ago, upgraded to 330i shortly after I realised I bought the wrong engine (ha-ha!), then upwards again to an E92 335i...and where I hope to stay for a while. Pictures of all 3 below.

I bought my 335i about a year ago at 60k miles, since then I've slowly been upgrading and fixing a lot of things, and now it's done 92k miles. My goal is to create a proper sleeper car that looks totally standard from the outside.  I was running a Cobb stage 1+ tune, but I've had to remove the flash due to a 30FF low boost code (Noooo!).

The following is everything I've changed/ had to change in the first year of ownership...although that year did include some HARD miles including 2 European trips and a Nurburgring visit which it obviously drove to and from (enthusiastically).

As soon as I bought the car I put Braided brake lines and brembo brakes all round, control arms and bushes upgraded, then after I realised the N54 engine desperately needed it... a Wagner intercooler, BMS dual cone intakes and aluminium chargepipe which then allowed me to buy and run the Cobb stage 1 tune. 

Also changed ignition coils, spark plugs twice, solenoid values for VANOS, valve cover and gasket, PCV valve, Water pump failed at 79k, ABS pump failed at 84k, oil and filter changes every 10k miles, 3 sets of rear tyres and 2 fronts.

So that's probably half and half in terms of cost...half spent on things breaking and because I like to keep my car properly maintained and the other half to increase power.

Long term I do want a full adjustable suspension set-up and big brake kit, but first I've got to deal with the dreaded wastegate rattle and low boost code, so I've replaced vacuum lines...going to replace the boost solenoids too...but I think it's definitely a turbo replacement job at this mileage...may as well get some hybrids done eh!?!  But that's when I'll have to get a de-cat down-pipe, which is one of the reasons I joined this forum...was going to find out how people get around the MOT if they use this route (I know the Cobb removes the cel light), but that's a separate post! 

Look forward to whatever this group may bring!

2018-06-23 13.07.26.jpg

Ink2018-06-24 11.34.10_LI_Moment.jpg

2018-06-23_13_07_39.jpg

20131130_114937_LI_Moment(2).jpg

20131130_115242_LI_Moment.jpg

IMAG0634_LI.jpg

Morning Paul

Welcome to the Forum very nice looking car (cars) The Ring can become addictive but its a scary place due to all the other traffic and mixed levels of ability, cars and drivers.

With regard to the Decat I believe the current regulations state if there was a Cat fitted OEM it should be there if not automatic fail, same for Diesel DPF delete where I believe they even look for evidence of tampering. I would do a search on MOT regs that should give you some interesting reading (????) or ask an MOT tester 

I suppose if you fit a Decat pipe you could refit a Cat just for the MOT, but that seems a bit of a FAF you could fit a performance Cat as fitted to competition cars. 

The performance exhaust boys must be clued up as selling a product that potentially takes their customers car off the road isn't to good for business so thats another information base to dig into.. Though I am sure some will have a small rider somewhere saying something like "off road use only" or "competition use only"

Good luck with the upgrades keep us updated

Dave

• 2 weeks later...