530D Engine Transplant Into An Omega Can It Be Done?

michael8111

I mite be mad but I want to try something different I am attempting to put a 530d engine into an omega I have the ways to do it but I was just wondering what are the major challenges I will face any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I built a few competition hybrids in the 60's and 70's much easier then as things were electronically simpler (well non existent)

If you have a donor BMW then the things that come to mind are: Engine mounts, Radiator, Fuel pumps (ensure delivery pressure is right) Engine management (you may need engine,gearbox and security control boxes as some BM's are linked) Gearbox (or can you fabricate an adapter) is the final drive the same on the Omega? That could drastically effect performance.

Final question WHY?

It sounds as though you have a donor car which will at least provide all the bits is the gearbox manual or auto? If its auto I would try and keep the BMW engine and box together with their control units as I said with some of the later cars you may need the alarm control unit as well as they were linked for immobilizer purposes. That would leave the mechanical stuff, engine/box mounts propshaft then some plumbing for the cooling and aircon.

If you look on www.realoem.com put the last 7 digits of the 530's chassis number in and you should be able to pull up drawings that may give clues/help.

Good luck with your project

Thanks alot for that. Is going to be a manual box I'm keeping the engine and box together. What I'm wondering is what electrical components will I be able to leave behind that wil still allow the engine to function?

Thanks alot for that. Is going to be a manual box I'm keeping the engine and box together. What I'm wondering is what electrical components will I be able to leave behind that wil still allow the engine to function?

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links