Replacing Brake Discs, Pads & Rear Springs

Lottz

Hi all,

Wonder if you can help me, me and my boyfriend are going to replace the brakes and rear springs on my car next weekend, and was wondering if there's anything I need to know - e.g. where's the best place to get parts, any special tools required? etc. It's a 2001 Mini One.

Thanks

Lottie

Howdy Charlotte,

Welcome to our community!

I've never done such a job.... on a mini. But, i imagine there is nothing more to it then to a Bmw,Bmw.

If ya attempting it together i can only assume you have some knowledge of doing such a job. Even if ya havn't, TO THE YOUTUBE VIDEOS for you! go for it

Pads slip out once the caliper is removed and the piston needs compressing for thenew ones to slot in (they'll be thicker). Nice set of adjustable pliers will do the job there.
Disks will need a disk square socket to release them. Self explanitory. Nothing special.

Why replace the springs?...

Daz

Hi thanks Daz,

We're replacing the springs because the last MOT flagged them & the brakes up as an advisory and being heavily corroded... discovered this after purchasing Mini ... lol oh well, you live and learn ;)

MOT due at the end of the month and I have nowhere off-road to keep it should it not pass so we're trying to get in there and sort it out now to avoid any probs :)

Lottz

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links