Bmw E60 Or E39

stevieb77

Hi all, I'm kinda new to this and I'm hoping that you can help me put this little dilemma to bed.

I've just sold my 1995 m3 convertible and I've been looking at the 5 series, but can't make my mind up, e60 or e39 530i sport, any help would be truly appreciated.

Guest Mr.Beemer

welcome to the forum - :)

that's a tricky choice to choose from but I would edge out to the e60 but, if petrol is your choice I have found the better drive in an e39.

diesel should be more suited to the e60. not sure why, may be the chassis design/weight & set up - :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

I cant say for petrols or e60s as ive never driven them. But i have a 530d e39 and you wouldnt be disappointed. I owned much newer Audi's and sold and got this for a fraction of the price and it is a completely different machine.

My dad has a 730d e65 and it is amazing. Before that he had a 530d e39 (which inspired my purchase it was that good). He sold it with 240,000 miles on it.

If the e60 is a better drive then it must be really good. I am more than happy with my e39, especially considering how much it cost. I think that with the cheapest e60 530d being 6k+ and the economy of petrols being half of the diesel, they are necessary and very small compromises. It depends on your circumstances though.

Not really what you asked but just incase its of any help :)

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links