Breather For E53 X5

Leeg1974

Hi all, and happy new year, hope 2015 is good to you. I'm going to do a oil and filter change soon on my 2003 x5 3.0d iv been reading that breather also known as pvc ( I think) should maybe changed, does anyone no if I have the sponge type breather filter and if I have is it just a case of buying the upgrade breather and swap over or do I have to buy certain type breather upgrade... Or is there just one alternative. ( if that makes any sense) ha, it makes sence in my crazy head.ha. I think.😜😄post-10182-0-70068000-1420131712_thumb.j pic of the beast.. 😊

Hi as far as i know it isnt a foam one you will get it will be the vortex type. Its basically a straight swap . A bit of a pain to get to , just make sure you get your seals in properly and it will look after itself . Changed mine on my 05 plate pretty painless really :)

Awesome, thanks Paul, was just bit concerned that I buy new breather kit and it's not direct replacement, Been looking online about changing it and it does seem to be bit off a pain but thought for peace of mind I just as well change it wile I'm doing air filter. Thanks again for reply.

• 3 weeks later...

Just received upgrade vortex type breather, is it correct that the breather part is just pushed into place and held buy a rubber o ring, (I'm prob wrong but just seems that wouldn't take much for it to fall off the assembly)

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links