E46 330I Tyre Choices

storeys66

Evening all.

So, all 4 tyres on my E46 are going to need changing soon. As a subscriber of EVO, I see that the Continental Sport Contact 5 won the annual tyre test. However, I understand that BMW recommend Michelin Pilot Sports.

Anyone got any experience of either of these tyres? I can get them both in the right sizes (225/40Y18 and 255/35Y18) and they'll both be around £600 fitted for the full set of 4.

Cheers.

I used Mich PS3 on last car and wasn't as impressed as when I ran Dunlop sportmaxx. Side walls were a little soft and it moved around a bit under very heavy breaking. Not sure how they would do under a big lump like an e46. Contis are good I believe but used them. Have you read reviews on the Hankook range, I think it's their ventusv12 evo that was getting great reviews not too long ago. I know they do some budget tyres but the evo is very different

• 1 month later...

Im a bit late with this for a guess but ive used Conti 5`s on my 330d SE for over 100,000miles now & luv em!!! I once tried Toyo`s which were awesome on my Scooby but the Beemer ate them in less than 15 Thousand miles. The Conti`s offer more grip feel better but i get close to 30 Thousand miles from them!!!! Motorway miles granted.

She now has WINTER 830`s on & roll on the snow. The ride is almost as good but they do feel "grainy" through the steering!? Minor issue. Good in the wet but not better than the normal Conti 5 tyres.

All the best!

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links