Shift Selector Code

smegyfood

325 e46 2053 28000 miles, a gem you would have thought.....cog light came on, sent into limp mode, when cog light clears no fault code stored, plugged into snap on diagnostic whilst in limp mode, shows shift selector. only does this every now and again and once run for a bit, turn car on and off it clears. shift selector is £500 plus fitting from bmw....help....any thoughts before i dive into the money pit?

Guest Mister Dabsy

WOW now theres a car from the future - "2053"

I assume its a 2013 '53 plate though lol

Paddle-Shift? If yes then the paddles or module are temperamental and the car needs taking back to the Stealers

Hi, 2013, my 2053 has a flux capacitor!!

its an auto box with the semi manual if stick pushed to the left, only does it from cold start, replaced battery as read poor power can send it doolally in mornings but alas, it reoccurred 4 weeks latter. Strange because the gear selector works perfectly, no issues at all....cant get my head round it. how i wish the s2000 had 4 seats and i would have continued with 10 years of trouble free jap motoring...

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links