Shudder When Pulling Away

simon fisher

Guys. i manage to sort most things but this has caught me short of idea's. I have a 530D E61 Touring Auto. I get a shudder occasionally when pulling away at certain revs and especially when under load and then there is a shudder through the car. at first thought it was the rubber donut on the rear prop, it was worn a little so changed it anyway on Tuesday. I thought is was sorted until today when i pulled away and it happened again. It feels like axle !Removed! if the wheels were spinning but I'm not pulling away that hard just normal. Any idea's are gladly received and will be investigated. my next thought is rear end bushes but off side was done last year. please advise. thanks in advance

Hi Simon,

What I would do is, get a prybar and go mental on the rear suspension with both wheels off. Any dodgy movement in the rear (drop links, stabilizer arm, wishbones, diff bushes etc etc) will cause a wobble. The power going to the diff causes a twisting motion relative to the direction of the prop so you said you changed parts on the o/s, give the n/s a good bit of attention.

Report your findings and good luck!

Daz

• 4 weeks later...

well how wrong i was, the revs have no started to fluctuate at a constant speed on cruise control and the performance is lack lustre, all of this points towards the torque converter no playing by the rules. i have changed the oil and filter but to no avail so now beginning to consider a replacement torque converter. any other idea's gladly welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links