Random Vibration Through Steering Wheel After Braking

v NForce

Hey guys,

Quite recently I've been experiencing a weird problem that has only happened about 4 times over the course of maybe 2 months?

After I brake quite hard from about 50+, so just as soon as I let off the brakes, I feel a strange vibration through the steering wheel, as if something is tangled round my wheel or like I'm dragging an elephant along the road, and you can definitely here something outside from possibly the front left? Followed by an extremely loud screeching noise! Then everything seems fine again.

On a quick inspection, there's nothing out of the ordinary... however when you kick the tyre, you can hear a metal rattle which is probably from the brake dust shield?

Does anyone have an idea of what my problem might be?

Thanks,

Richard :)

Its not something I have heard before. Normally you get the vibration or noises during braking, but not afterwards. I am wondering if you have a brake caliper that is not fully releasing after a heavy braking session and would suggest getting the wheels off and giving the calipers and carriers a good clean up to ensure they are fully freed up.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links