Another Bluetooth Question

Scoobymad555

Is there an easy way to tell if you have bluetooth and it's working? I have an 04 facelift 4.4sport and it appears to have all the bits for the phone/bluetooth like the buttons on the steering wheel, on the stereo, in the centre console and what looks like a phone charger connection underneath a pen tray. Neither my iPhone 5 or my sony Xperia can pick up the bluetooth no matter what buttons I press in different ways? Have seen comments that only certain phones will work and that some x5's had all the bits apart from the bluetooth module itself though. Don't really want to buy some grotty old handset if it isn't going to work and equally don't particularly want to spend an afternoon dismantling bits of the car to find it hasn't got the module! - just want a handset I can stick in the centre console on the charge point, paired and working really lol!

Cheers

If you have the eject box it is likely that you also have the rest of the kit. You can buy a snap in holder for your Iphone that replaces the pen tray it will charge your phone and use the cars antenna.

On the front end of the "Pen Tray" there should be a "Pairing" button (looks like the voice button on the steering wheel)

The pairing process is in your handbook, you should also have a card with your handbooks that has the pass key (4 digit number) if you cant find it it will be on the unit in the left side of the boot.

Pairing is easy sit in the car key in the ignition but the ignition off, press and hold the pairing button (not the voice button on the wheel) for 3secs turn the key to position 1 continue to hold the button down the screen will say "Pairing" plus on mine the Telephone lights flash. release the button and set your phone to search and follow its instructions, when it finds the car enter the pass key.

Job done ignition off then start the car your phone should be paired, if not the ULF memory in the car may be full and you may have to delete previously paired phones.

If you wish to check if your X5 has Bluetooth from the factory, go into the boot and pull down the cover on the left hand side, where the CD loader or nav unit would be Take off the side trim and get way down in the depths to see if you have a Bluetooth module, if you do then take it out (a bit of a fiddle) and your blue tooth passkey will be on a sticker (4 digits) then just follow the instructions in the telephone handbook, if you haven't got one its around £15 from any BMW parts department, will need to be ordered though, hope this helps.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links