Bmw Newbie

Darren_80

After 13 years of driving I finally bought a BM, always liked the e46 so got a 2002 320 coupe at a good price with 70k on the clock and full service history.

Anyone on here got any ideas to up the mpg at all? Getting around 27mpg at the moment, all ideas/thoughts etc would be appreciated

Also will later e46 model angel eyes fit on the 2002 without bother?

Thanks in advance for any help

Guest jeffthro

A warm welcome to you Darren. 27 does seem a bit low. I've got a 2000 e46 328 coupe which I get about 25 from, and thats driving fairly vigorously, shall we say. Maybe its service time? New plugs, oil, filters? A bit of a "once over" tune up can work wonders. Theres several threads about fitting angel eyes, never been worried myself, but there seem to be varying opinions.

Guest Mr.Beemer

welcome to the forum Darren - :)

like above could be near the service time, check your history.

also check your tyre pressures, if low will take a toll on mpg.

angel eyes can be fitted but can be tricky at times as there are different types of units going around.

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated, will check pressures at my local RSR & check service book tomorrow, the showroom I bought the car from did an oil change the day I collected the car (I was there when it was done). Do any of you have any views on super unleaded? A couple of friends have said they feel the difference in their cars compared to normal unleaded

Guest jeffthro

Oh No, now you've really done it Darren. The mention of super unleaded starts the fist fights, hahaha. Have a look at "Fuel for my new beemer" thread in this section and you'll see what I mean. I personally am a fan of V-Power, but I feel I'm in a bit of a minority. Of course, I KNOW that I'm right really, but I'm too modest and discrete to go on about it. :D

Guest jeffthro

I don't really think you'll have any issues Darren. I avoid Supermarket fuel like the plague, and there were certainly issues a few years ago, but I think now its just me being a bit OCD. (Bear in mind, though, the BTCC MG team have "Tesco Momentum" plastered all down the sides of their cars but don't actually use it, Lol!)

Guest jeffthro

I use neat ethanol mixed with a tad of 2-stroke...

But I use the cheap stuff in my car !! :rolleyes: :P :lol:

He's a right bast**d when he gets on the Toilet Duck.

Welcome to the site. Mines is a diesel so I put any !Removed! in it. Servicing is a different matter, always use OEM and do it more than it needs, every 6,000 miles. Think its embedded in my head from the old days

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links