Tyre Rubbing

tony pa

hi would anyone have any clues to why my drivers side tyre rubs and not the passenger side when both sides are the same dont know if this problem been a topic before if it has cant find it i have 255 tyres on the back which as far as i know should fit fine also have new suspension all round.

yes i put coil-overs on all 4 legs and my tyres are 255/35 yr 18 avon zz5 it just seems strange that the offside rear rub and not the nearside at all,im going to get the wheels tracked,balanced and camber done at the weekend to see if i can sort it even though i had them done about 6 months ago,ive heard about other people having the same problem but haven't found a resolve yet.

Guest Mr.Beemer

its worth getting the rear end geometry checked out with camber & see if something is bent or worn.

sometimes cant tell with the naked eye'

hope this sorts out for you -

Guest Mister Dabsy

Is it scrubbing on the inside-edge ? If it is then I would imagine either the trailing arm bushes are worn or something more sinister like something bent !

the geo check for right rear came back as -1 46 camber and 0 13 toe the left rear is -1 09 camber and 0 15 toe

There's a fair bit difference in that, have you had it matched up and did it resolve the rub?? I would of thought this would of shown itself on the tyre wear for that side...

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links