Passed Mot

well she passed the m.o.t

I just needed 2 rear tyres 255/35/19. I had Pirelli p0 on b4 now iv got conti m3's, what a difference to grip I love it, well worth the extra money

picked them up for £202 each fitted not bad I think!!!! :wacko:

I also had a good look underneath, i didn't no I had no cats under her lol but it still passed :) its got decat pipes on it,,,i want to put some cats back on it

any suggestions on bmw oem cats or uprated sports cats, the reason being is iv always found it a little loud at times just wanna tone it down a little...

Its always a nice feeling getting the car back with mot passed, the conti or michelin are the best tyres in my opinion for the m3's and good price with fiiting aswell. As far as i know on catalytic converters if you got decat pipes on then it would show a higher reading on emmision tester it could be their machine not calibrated correctly or summat. Try evolve automotive they do some great tuning on these beasts :rolleyes:

• Like 1

hi paul they said to me if it passes the omissions its ok no law on having cats or not having cats yet :) and it passed.good servicing is the key i have been told!

so thats how pal!!

i think im going for milltek sports cats not cheap tho <_<

Hi mate, this is the company my mate used for his M3 and he was well chuffed with them, I can't get the link off the eBay app on my iPad but just put this in and it's the only one that pops up. bmw m3 catalytic sports

• Like 1

Guest jeffthro

Happy Days, Gavin, well, at least for another 12 months.To be honest, cats or no cats won't actually make much difference on the "noise" front. A change of rear box is the main difference on that. And you WILL notice the loss of power. Cats strangle the exhaust flow, can be up to 7% loss against through flow decat pipes.

Interesting what you say about tyres. I bought a V-Tec Prelude 3 or 4 years ago, and it handled like a pig, especially in the wet. Someone I trusted told me it was the Nero Zeros (or Zero Neros, I can't remember?), so I had them off and fitted Falkens (which are just GoodYears re-badged as a "Budget" tyre,) and they made a world of difference.

jeff its the pops and bangs when you floor it , sounds like its gonna blow the backbox off lol

i do have a ac schnitzer mid section/backbox and i think iv got the exhaust manifolds too coz they are nice and shiney stainless but i dont no if they are stock??

i no i will loose some power but to be fair i can afford to loose some. and iv done abit of looking into cats the ones im getting are sports cats( high flow )so power loss is not a problem(( i think ))

i'll keep you all in the loop when they are fitted ;)

and yes jeff i will highly recommend conti's,gone off pirelli's full (.) iv never had falkens OR goodyears!!