Hiii everyone!

Pretty new to this site so any help or opinions would be great! :)

I have a 1Series MSport Hatch, but I keep toying with the idea of a full 1M wide body kit... i've never seen a hatch in person with one on however! My Dad is a mechanic and is ranting that I will devalue my car and make it look rubbish. So I have a few questions!

1) Has anyone got a widebody kit on their hatch, and what does it look like?

2) Do after market kits actually devalue your car that much?

3) Where is the best places to get a body kit from?

Thaaanks!! :)

Hi Tanya, I personally haven't had any experience with wide arch kits on a 1 series however it is quite commonly known that you can find after market body kits on a lot of cars don't fit particularly well and can require quite a bit of fettling and fine tuning. The difference is the aftermarket kits tend to be a lot cheaper than any OEM stuff. Some people try and build their own kits of OEM stuff by buying bits of ebay one at a time but it can take a while and may not come in the right colour too.

Hmm, it all sounds like way too much hard work really. I like the look of some of them with kits, if done really well, but maybe I shouldn't risk ruining my car! It's an MSport anyway so it's not a big deal, if it was an ES however, then I would!! Haha

Guest jeffthro

I don't think its really a case of devaluing the car, Tanya, its more a case of narrowing the market for resale. You've got a desireable motor there with no worries when you come to sell on. With mods you'll lose the mainstream people who want a clean "unmolested" car.

I'm just going by my Dad's words, which is why i've came on here! Lol.

I understand that though completely, I myself would actually rather buy an unmodified car. It was just an idea I had toyed with, but don't think i'd go anywhere with it.

I do want to do a few things to her though, I think i'll definitely be looking at lowering it a little bit.. although the front bumper already struggles with some of the speed bumps in Ashington!...

You got a nice car there and these cars dont need no widebody conversions, my advise would be to get some facelift xenon lights

or nice set of wheels, window tints, diffuser in carbon just nice lil touches make these motors stand out even more. best thing its the m sport to start with they great motors out of the box. let us know how you get on :P

You got a nice car there and these cars dont need no widebody conversions, my advise would be to get some facelift xenon lights

or nice set of wheels, window tints, diffuser in carbon just nice lil touches make these motors stand out even more. best thing its the m sport to start with they great motors out of the box. let us know how you get on :P

+1

The thing is if you mod your car always keep hold of the old parts ..

Crome trim/wheels even springs, so when you come to sell her just put it back to its original spec easy,

1 advantage of new wheels,the old ones can be fitted with winter tyres witch really helps bmw's!

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links