Norfolk Newbie Looking For Buying Advice 335D And 635D

MaccyD

Hi Guys

So, a little about me, ive been into the modifying scene for a long time, pretty much since i started driving. I currently drive a 200SX that i swapped a 4.0 Lexus V8 into:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opIapTKhikc&feature=c4-overview&list=UUlimRWQ7SSSnOz1LSmBbUFA

But recently after moving to Norwich my commute has got too long for a car with a non original engine and returning about 20mpg. Looking at the finances i thought it was time to grow up and invest a bit of money into a nice car whilst offsetting the cost with improved mpg. It had to be something that i would enjoy driving and would make me look back after i get out.

3 cars stood out that do this for me, E92 335D, 635D and E class Coupe (can i say this round these parts? lol)

Now that actually buying one is becoming a reality i need to do some research. The cars im used to buying involve checking for rust, leaks and chassis quality but for new cars im a bit stumped! Other than the usual checks it seems like the important thing is to check for what extras the car has, spec levels and stuff like that. So, after this long winded essay!!.....

On the 635D and 335D are there any problems to look out for? Any extra bits of equipment that are a must have? Sorry for the wishy washy question, i did a quick search and there didnt seem to be anything definitive.

Anyway, a lengthy introduction and hope you can help me out.

Thanks very much

Maccy

Guest Mr.Beemer

hi George & welcome to the forum pal.

I had 3 s13's with a S14 like yours few year back.. they were modded heavily but on original engine blocks.

great cars to drift & very light in weight so I know how much fun your having :rolleyes:

I guess you went all out with 1uz engine, was that the 280 bhp model ?

well out of them cars & having driven them all I would say the e class coupe is very class, 635d a boat & 335d is fantastic all rounder, all day everyday!! you can still have fun with the traction off, in the end it all depends what you want & how much you want to grow up, sort to speak' lol ^_^

common probs on 335d are 1st turbo actuator sticking, dpf, gearbox filter leaking/damage as its plastic. nothing major in my eyes & they are good fast reliable diesel units, not as good but not far to jap cars reliability..

the lci versions I heard have the same gearbox with the software upgraded.

a 2008 335d will be all you need unless you want more space then a 535d lci can be considered.

get more opinions from other members to help your decision making but I know what I would be eyeing is a 335/535d or e350cdi.

once again, welcome to the forum! :P

Guest jeffthro

Welcome to the Club George. Have a look through the Series specific club threads, there is a fair bit of information and advice from owners experiences, worth a browse. Dillys' clearly well up in the same league too!

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links