4 Tyres For Bmw ??mis Sold And Fitted Advice Please

adrianandjan

I have a BMW 56 plate 5 series, all tyres needed so we researched and asda franchises out to garages and we were quoted £575.76 for the four fitted in a well established garage of 25 years.

The car didnt seem balanced as it was juddering at over 60 miles an hour.

As it needed a service anyway we asked our usual garage to look and they said 200g ha been added to the back wheels and they had no idea why and also in their opinion the totally wrong tyres had been put on for the car.

On Asdas site you put the reg in and they guarantee you get the correct tyres.

We were given

PIRELLI P7 94H RUN FLAT TYRES

Fuel Eff : E Wet grips :B Noise : 71 Class : 2

TUBLESS TYRE VALVE

BALANCE ALLOY WHEEL (ZINC WTS)

pSI FRONT 32

PSI BK 38

advice please!

Many thanks (-:

Guest Mister Dabsy

Did it have run-flats as standard?

I would return it to the "Asda Franchise" and say "Get it sorted at Asda Price or I'll let VOSA examine your shite workmanship"

We here hate Run-Flats :angry:

Hi thanks for quick reply!!

Can ask why people dont like run flats is it because they are so much more expensive?

It came with run flats standard when we got it 3 years ago so guess we cant change them.

I had better get my 'assertive' head on so I can go back to them but know they will fob me off.

I thought about taking it to somwhere else for independent advice but no doubt that will cost a bit as well /-:

Think I may get a push bike....... less trouble.......

Guest jeffthro

You should certainly go back and complain and demand all 4 wheels are re-balanced. If you didn't have any issues before, the tracking should be OK. I guess you are screwed on the run flat issue if they have replaced like for like, but I agree with Jim about them. Check in your owners handbook about the suitability. If there's no mention in it of run flats, then they aren't standard.

On the positive side, the price you've been charged for 4 run flat P7's is quite reasonable.

I no one of my friends had trouble with runs flats and their insurance company once. Because the car was standard with run flats from new they had to always out run flats on or it voided the insurance for some strange reason. So do a bit of research to find out if they are standard. Also a agree with Dabsy, not a fan at all of run flats.

• Like 1

I have this same brand in 17 inch tyres on my 525 and they are fine. Just to be sure I would start with the wheel nuts and make sure they are tight, stranger things have happened! I have been in a car that had a tyre change and the front wheel fell off, luckily at low speed.

In my experience, sometimes wheels are more difficult to balance with just 'stick-on' weights, so they have to resort to clip on ones on the outer edge to get enough weight to compensate, although not all wheels accept them and they look unsightly too.

I agree, it's a good price, I was expecting to pay £178 per tyre when I last checked prices in September, although wheel size will have a big impact on prices.

• Like 1

Guest jeffthro

I always use the same place for all my tyre needs and problems, I know all the guys very well, and they all know under no circumstances whatsoever are clip on weights to be used on my wheels (or my wifes, come to that.) Its not only the fact they completely spoil the wheels appearance, its also very difficult to fit and remove the clip on weights without at least marking the wheel surface. many years ago I had a wheel so badly marked by a clumsy old weight removal that the company involved paid for a refurb! Touching wood now, but I've never had any issues with poor balance with stick ons.

Thanks for all the replies everyone :) its been very helpful. Im not going back as feel they wont do anything and if they said they would have a look or check I wouldnt trust what they would do to it.

Smooth6ade reassured me so I will keep themon as seems ok now been rebalanced and see what happens :huh:

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links